Tuesday, October 12, 2010
"Hamlet" the "globe" and The Globe
Act I is the exposition of the play. The characters, the problems, and the themes Shakespeare develops throughout the play are clearly present in this first act. Please read this first act aloud, and with care, scene by scene. Post your comments and questions in relation to act, scene, page, and line number(s) so your classmates know precisely what you are referring to.
1. The first marking period ends in ten days.
2. I will collect and read your literature log BEFORE computing your grade. Get a move on!
3. Outstanding (no pun intended) work should be handed in NOW.
4. There'll be a sonnet/poetry test on Monday-study your notes & Google "sonnet" et.al.
5. There'll be an in class written "Hamlet" essay, in which you'll discuss, analyze, and interpret a passage.
6. Your participation or lack thereof on the class blog will be evaluated.
7. Your completed College Portfolio is due in November, before Thanksgiving. What have you done?
8. Once again, I am available to help you or to conference with you period 1, 8, or after school.